After-effects of AntiVermins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signorelli

Alright well... I recently infected my computer with AntiVermins... Because I'm a ****ing *****. I managed to disinfect my computer of the virus and the system alert that comes with it, but in doing so, it seems I may have screwed my computer over even more.

Problems:
1.) Randomly shuts down saying: The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly with status code 203
2.) Explorer, Desktop, drop-down menus, and just about eveyrthing else, freeze after about fifteen minutes and forces me to shut my computer down via the button.

Other possibly-needed info:
1.) HP Pavilion a450n(3.00 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor)
2.) McAfee is/was my virus protection software
3.) I followed all of the instructions you provided.

HJT log:

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Signorelli only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know what you did to get rid of Antivermins, but in addition to the instructions supplied by rik, go HERE and follow these instructions as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Signorelli only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Can't post you a copy of the AVG Antispyware log, it doesn't complete. Instead it crashed my computer at around 30%. Nothing pops up, it just restarts.

In that case, just post a fresh HJT log, once you`ve completed the rest of the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Setup.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanzarL2007] "C:\DOCUME~1\JOEYMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\{D9421151-23AD-4500-B258-9503E220BFF3}\{D1DA 2BA7-2592-4036-9BB2-DCCABDE8DC1A}\..\..\L2007tmp\Setup.exe" /SETUP:"/l0x0009"

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\JOEYMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\{D9421151-23AD-4500-B258-9503E220BFF3}\{D1DA 2BA7-2592-4036-9BB2-DCCABDE8DC1A}\..\..\L2007tmp\Setup.exe" /SETUP:"/l0x0009"

Reboot your system and post a fresh HJT log.

Alright, I deleted that. I'm hoping that was the problem, thank you. I'll post an update later to say if that solved the problems.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Thanks much Howard, it seems to be working well at the moment, it actually restarts now (it would just cause the explorer to freeze before). If anything comes up, I'll post. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back