After upgrading performance is worse

childofthetao

Hi, I ran several benchmarks and recorded the results. The computer was an i7 3770 on an Asus P8H77-V with 16gb 1600mhz ram and a GTX 770.

After upgrading my entire computer (more specifically just building a whole new one and giving the old one away) except my vidoe card, which I added to my new system. The new CPU is a 4770K, the new mobo is an MSI Z78-GD65 Gaming, I have different RAM but the speed and timings are the same.

Anyway, I get lower results in benchmarks now :( Why could that be?

The 3770 and the 4770K will provide similar performance. Now, If I read this correctly, the GPU is the same? If so, then you really didn't do much of an upgrade. More so, you just moved to a newer generation with a unlocked processor (K).

The 3770 and the 4770K will provide similar performance. Now, If I read this correctly, the GPU is the same? If so, then you really didn't do much of an upgrade. More so, you just moved to a newer generation with a unlocked processor (K).

Yeah but my performance shouldn't have dropped.

Anyway, I get lower results in benchmarks now :( Why could that be?
It could be changes within the benchmark software. But then if you are using the exact same version, that would not be the case.

With Passmark everything on the list has been dropping in ratings. The 2600K has dropped 1000 points since I purchased mine. At first I figured it was the over-clockers dropping off the chart. Then I realized it was all the listed CPU's. That doesn't really make sense. Because some of the listing should be history, without any new results to lower the ratings. On the graphics cards at the low end, there are cards that scored 60 now scoring only 4.

If there is no changes in the software, why would all the values be dropping?

I tried to check the memory settings in the bios but couldn't find them, to check to see if they were set right. However I loaded an XMP profile from my ram and retested but my scores are still lower.

Back