Aftering installing DirectX, I'm stuck on the windows xp loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing Mobo drivers, my computers stuck on the windows xp loading screen

THE THREAD TITLE IS WRONG. I FORGOT THE NFORCE DRIVERS I PUT IN AFTER DIRECTX. CORRECT TITLE:

After installing Mobo drivers, my computers stuck on the windows xp loading screen

There is nothing on my computer except for windows xp sp 1a (include). I went to install mobo drivers/Nvidia chipset drivers ( Mobo= Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus- file= nForce_5.10_WinXP2K_WHQL_english), but it said I needed to install directX first. So I installed the newest version of directX (december '05), rebooted, then installed the mobo/nvidia chipset drivers, then after setup it asked me to reboot, so I hit yes and it reboot. When I rebooted it stayed on that screen where it says windows xp and the blue loading bar goes across....i guess its called the windows xp loading screen. Its the thing you see after bios. Anyways was stuck on that for like 30 minutes so I held in the power button to shutdown, then started it back up again. It went through bios and now it's right back stuck on that screen again. And the status bar that has 3 blue bars slide from left to right is still moving. As I'm typing this right now, that computer has gone to a complete black screen. I wiggled the mouse and hit the space bar. Nothing happened.

Please help me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back