Again, BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new here, so sorry if I do anything wrong. I have a Fujitsu S7020, and it's now acting quite strangely...

1. When I press the power button (to go to Stand By mode), the computer sometimes wouldn't go on stand by. The screen would go blank, but the processor icon thing would still appear, and the fan would be running.
  2. When I leave my computer for a long time (say 15 minutes), the BSOD would appear...
  3. This also occasionally happens when I do something in Outlook.
This used to be quite bad, i.e., the computer wouldn't be able to reboot. It stuck on the Windows loading screen for quite a while and then come to the desktop, and reboot again. I've tried reformatting my HDD (multiple times), but the problem persists. (This time, though, my computer runs fine after the reboot.)

The error message on Event Viewer (ID 1003):
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000010, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f82540e4.

The BSOD said something about iaStor.sys, Intel's driver file, I think. I have no idea how to fix that though - -". I also attached the minidump files here. The first one was from using Outlook, and the second one was from leaving my computer for too long.

Thank you for all your help!

Your minidumps are pointing to iaStor.sys which is a process Intel Application Accelerator driver or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver belongs to the software Intel Application Accelerator driver or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver by Intel Corporation (www.intel.com.

Description: File iaStor.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program has no visible window. The service has no detailed description. iaStor.sys is not a Windows core file. File iaStor.sys is a Microsoft signed file. iaStor.sys seems to be a compressed file.

I would check with Intel's forums/tech support and see what solutions are available. It seems many people with Dell computers in 2006 were having quite a few problems with this driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back