Agent 1.91. upgrade plays slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Agent 1.91 Question

Hey gang,

I just upgraded my copy of Agent 1.91 from Forte' Inc, and upon installing it, my system is now very sluggish and slow when Agent is running. I have rebooted but my system is still sluggish when I have it running. Any Idea's ?? Thanks

I would say, just try and get that older version back and use it, unless you REALLY NEED something out of the newer one. Most of the time with those sort of things, they just change a few little things. That is my suggestion anyway.

Actually, I really liked the older version and the only reason I upgraded was to get a new feature I needed. I might just have to do without until I can get it resolved.

Well it sounds like the new version wasn't really anything special. I would still just uninstall it and reinstall old version.

Well I was afraid of that. I put a call into Forte so mabee they will give me the answer I seek....who knows.

I have yet to notice any new features but haven't looked real hard.. But my system runs the same as it did with 1.8.

Well I think I have it fixed. I finally put my RAID together and am currently running it. I installed all my stuff on the RAID array and upgraded Agent again to 1.91 and so far I don't have the problem. Thanks for the help and advice anyway !!

Well it was really bad news for me this morning, my RAID array died. Anyway, I went back to the old drive and Agent was slow again, so I started digging and found under the "Task Manager" an entry called "vsmon". When I used agent, it shot the CPU usage thru the roof. As soon as I ended the process, Agent started working just like it alway had.

Thanks for all the advice !!

AHHHH thanks Thunder, I had problems with Zone before and never thought it was it cause I haven't been running it. Guess I will uninstall it. I appriciate the imput. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back