AGP in BIOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadanman2k1

my computer literate uncle, told me that when I put in a agp card into my comp that I have to go into the bios and turn something on to get it to work with my comp. Is this true?If so what is it so I can buy myself an AGP Geforce 4! TY in advance.

BTW- What is IHMO?
:grinthumb

First, make sure you have an AGP slot, usually a brown color and a little shorter than the PCI slots, but not the AMR which is really short and also brown. You may need to enable AGP in the BIOS Setup.

IMO=In my opinion
IMHO=In my humble opinion

In some cases, enabling the "AGP" card in bios only lets the cute little advertisement and chip info of the AGP card be displayed on boot up before you see the POST page.

There's also a setting "Init display first", it's AGP or PCI, needed only when using multiple display adapters, decides which monitor shows up the boot process. If there's more than two adapters, "PCI" means the topmost PCI display adapter.

Can someone explain to me exactly what I have to do to change my Geforce 2 MX400 to a Geforce 4 something in AGP. Thank you in advance. Oh and this is kinda off subject, but can someone tell me about a good overclocker for my CPu . I got a P3 750 on a Soyo mobo. I'll tell u exactly which model after I boot up. I just forgot.

the mobo is a SOYO 7VCA-E . and right next to it on the boot up it had a 2AA1, if that is of any signifacance.so it went

2VCA-E 2AA1
thank you for your help.

You should be able to simply power off the system, pull out the GF2 and put the GF4 into the AGP slot, reattach the monitor cable and power the system back on. The card should be detected and once Windows has booted it should prompt you for the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back