TechSpot

AGP...PCI...PCI-Express?

By lwotton
Jul 31, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I don't know...

I'm so confused...So very confused...

Ok. I bought a new computer, fresh from Dell..Its the Dell 5100.

3.00Ghz and 512MB RAM

Nice system, apart form the graphics. I have a graphics card in my old computer, 128MB but not in my new one. So I looked and see a graphics slot...I have 2 PCI slots, one with a sound card in and another with my modem in...Then above that is a large black slot. Its longer than the PCI and has a blue clip at the end of it......I dont know wether its AGP or PCI?!!

Although, this Thursday we get broadband so a slot will be open...A PCI slot, so I could buy a nice 256 card then and stick it in there.

But the mystery is...

What is this black slot with a blue clip at the end of it?!

Thankyou for any comments!
  2. mokaboy

mokaboy TS Rookie Posts: 251

sounds like a AGP slot to me.

If it looks simular to this then it is...

[​IMG]
  3. lwotton

lwotton TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well not really....Its longer than the PCI slot.....ill get my camera and take a ncie pic and post it....56k could take a while to put it on, ah well......here we go
  4. lwotton

My thing wont work, only 100KB, my pic is 456kb...ah well....its not like that, its longer....but atleast that means I know I aint got a AGP slot..

Any other ideas what it could be?
  5. lwotton

I seem to have found my problem....I think it is a PCI-Express card slot...Anyone any pictures of a PCI-Express?!
  6. mokaboy

I just did a search on google and im sure its a pci express slot
  7. lwotton

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. That means I can buy a new PCI express graphics card...Nice! thankyou Mokaboy
  8. mokaboy

no problem
  9. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

It had better not be an ISA slot. ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.