AGP problem )= plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelsdyr

Hi agin,

How can I have 8AGP on my computer. I have a Radeon9800Pro crad, 3ghz prosesor and 1024RAM. I have only 4AGP
My friend has 8AGP. He has 2.8ghz and 512RAM.

Dose anyone know how to turn on 8AGP???
Please help me

We do not have crystal balls here. If we're supposed to give you advice, you should at least tell us what your system consists of.:rolleyes:

My crystal ball says you should be able to change your AGP X4 to 8X by using the latest catalyst drivers from ATI (www.ati.com) and changing these settings via the ATI control panel.

Intall the new driver (in case you are using a very old driver) and restart your computer. When your computer starts back up, right click on the desktop and choose "properties" to go to Display Panel. Click on the "Settings" tab and then choose "Advanced". There should be a tab that says "SMART GART". You can changed your AGP settings there.

I think changing from 4X to 8X is negligable in difference, but that years-old stance may have changed recently... I haven't kept up with all this AGP stuff. :)

Either way, if you can't change it for some reason - It doesn't matter.

Thank you where much, but i allready have the newes driver.
I yust dont know what the wrong thing is.

I am getting crazy about this.arghhhh.

Do you know what the misstake could be if i allready have the newes Driver??? )=

What is Mobo??:S My grafikkcard should suport it (9800PRO)
I yust got my compuer about 2month ago.

By the way:How can I turn FatsWrite on?

Thx(=

Mobo = mainboard/motherboard.

You AGP slot and chipset on the motherboard have to support 8X AGP for you to be able to use it. What model of motherboard do you have and we can check online to see if it supports 8X AGP. But as mentioned by others the performance difference between 4X and 8X is nominal.

Originally posted by Pelsdyr
What is Mobo??:S My grafikkcard should suport it (9800PRO)
I yust got my compuer about 2month ago.

By the way:How can I turn FatsWrite on?

Thx(=

OK <deep breath>

Even though you have an AGP8x Graphics card, you need an 8xAGP Motherboard as well in order to run the graphics card at an AGP rate of 8x. The Motherboard is the BIG Circuit board you inserted your Grahics card in. The Slot you installed it in is called an "AGP Slot." If you put an 8X AGP card into a 4X AGP slot, it will run at AGP4x....

Fastwrites:
ATI uses a tool to test for system stability....(It's called SMARTGART) it tests every time you boot your computer. If it is determined that Fastwrites are not completely stable on your rig, it will automatically turn them off. If they are stable, they may be turned on either through you BIOS (which I wouldn't reccomend for you) or via you ATI control Panel w/ the SMARTGART tab...

Either way, you're talking about a performance gain of only ~1% with these items......

ok, thx. My friend has FastWrtie one. He getts 5700points. I only get 4800. I even hav a little better computer that him.

I think I have that thing that dosent suport 8AGP.

WOW you people ar so NICE for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!(=

What benchmark are you quoting scores from?

If your running benchmarks go into the driver settings and make sure you have all the anti-aliasing options and filtering/quality set to lowest settings. That way you will be getting a true score without having the card do extra work outside the scope of the benchmark...

3dmark 2003 by the look of it :p they're synthetic benchmarks, you prolly wont notice the diff in truth... but we need to know what motherboard you have..

Start--> Run... type 'Dxdiag' sometimes it'll tell you your board there.

board??? So many words hard to understand??:S

Dose someone have a chatprogram like MSN. Then I could talk with you people with out going inn to this site each hour.

Yes, I am using 3Dmark 2003. Can I buy that thing so that I can use 8AGP?

Thx!

What kind of computer did you buy (brand), or did you have it built? The motherboard/mainboard/mobo/board is what all your components plug into and depending on the brand, it could determine whether or not you'll have 4xAGP or 8xAGP.

As for your 3DMark score, as was said earlier, I would check that your settings are dropped to defaults because your score may not be accurately compared to your friend's card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back