AGP Read on ATI RADEON 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike08

Everytime I play Counter-Strike (a game I'm sure some of you are familiar with) I find I need to disable AGP Read, because if I don't the game freezes for periods of time.

Ok so you're thinking... this is not a problem, just leave AGP Read off - well I can't, because if I want to play other games like Medieval 2, flashing lines appear which ruins the games. This means I have to turn AGP Read back on, which is a nuisance because I have to restart the computer for the settings to take effect.

So can anyone out there help me? There must be a way to just have AGP Read enabled constantly with no problems...

hey sorry to barge in, but how do you enable and disable agp read? im having a problem with this same vid card where within a minute of play cs, battlefield or any other game my computer just freezes and screen turns black and doesnt restart or anything. thanks

I change it by going into ATI Catalyst Control Center, then the AGP Read setting is under SmartGart.

Did you just install this card or has this problem just appeared? You didn't mention what version of CCC you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back