agp texturing disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

D@nny

Why does this keep happening even after a video card upgrade some how my computer still managed to get rid of the AGP texture acceleration! All I did was change something in registry and changed the system cache from programs. This shouldn't be able to cause the AGP to be disabled right? I can't reenable it and I tried in nvidias display thing.

It shouldn't. try enabling it through BIOS. are there anything Overclocked? some Mobos liek to raise the AGP clocks when OC'ing so make sure you 'lock' the AGP speeds to default. if no OCing is involved, ignore what i jus said about locking AGP :p

bios f2 or delete key right? what tab is it under? should i enable something for my bios to enable like advanced settings? to find it easier? Usually in bios i can't find much Not because I don't look I just don't see all those options just the basic stuff

I did a system restart and agp is back now in dxdiag. Now something is up and this problay is just going to keep on happening like it always does. This is just the beggining I fear.....;( Anyway I was in bios did nothing lol I just looked at my cpu and tried to figure out where all the fancy options were. Here are my tabs as I remember theres the first one about the system then there was power and boot and when that listed my sound cards but not my video card . I looked under every category I could nothing about a video card or options for one. I saw my fan speeds and in power I thought my 12 volt psu and its specs. I guess my bios is diffrent its like the cheap kind or something. It did display my ram though like it should just nothing about a video card. It never has .

gonna need more info on ur system.. i did not find anything in your profile so it would really help if you fill in ur system specs on ur profile or here.

I have an intel p4 hyper thread mobo I dunno anymore about that. I have one gig ddr ram w/ a creative blaster soundcard. Nvidia 6800 256 mb gs video card . Anything else??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back