AGP vs. PCI Express for Pinnalce Liquid Edition?

By Noyz3001
Apr 21, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I notice that the Pinnalce Liquid Edition editing software recommends an AGPx8 graphics card.

Does this mean I cannot have a PCIe card? The mobo I want is a PCIe and I need to use a PCIe graphics card--but I want to make sure this will not have any negative effect if I'm using Pinnacle LE.

Any help is appreciated!

-N
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

They probably just listed what was the fastest at the time of the READ-ME & it was AGP-8x. It shouldn't give you problems if you use it with a PCI-e card (unless specifically noted in the manual).

Have you tried sending them an Email just to make sure ?
  3. Secondgunman

Secondgunman Newcomer, in training Posts: 192

As did said...

As Didou said I would have to say the same, PCI-e is very new and even some programs that were built to run with PCI-e you will find there in nothing about PCI-e in the readme files. This is because they will build a probram to work with something even if it does not make it in the computer world... Eg Intel's BTX case that no-one wants to buy. With PCI-e there is little that won't work with it it is when you get into SLI settings when running two cards that you are going to have some problems... PCI-e and SLI have been around for some time in the super computer world and most operating systems have supported it but I realy would not kill you to cover your buttox and Fire an Email off to see if it will work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.