AGP vs. PCI Express for Pinnalce Liquid Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noyz3001

I notice that the Pinnalce Liquid Edition editing software recommends an AGPx8 graphics card.

Does this mean I cannot have a PCIe card? The mobo I want is a PCIe and I need to use a PCIe graphics card--but I want to make sure this will not have any negative effect if I'm using Pinnacle LE.

Any help is appreciated!

-N

They probably just listed what was the fastest at the time of the READ-ME & it was AGP-8x. It shouldn't give you problems if you use it with a PCI-e card (unless specifically noted in the manual).

Have you tried sending them an Email just to make sure ?

As did said...

As Didou said I would have to say the same, PCI-e is very new and even some programs that were built to run with PCI-e you will find there in nothing about PCI-e in the readme files. This is because they will build a probram to work with something even if it does not make it in the computer world... Eg Intel's BTX case that no-one wants to buy. With PCI-e there is little that won't work with it it is when you get into SLI settings when running two cards that you are going to have some problems... PCI-e and SLI have been around for some time in the super computer world and most operating systems have supported it but I realy would not kill you to cover your buttox and Fire an Email off to see if it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back