AGP wont work after pc-built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and 1st time installing MoBo with NO integrated video slot. I bought GEForce5200 AGP 8x. The MoBo takes it up to 8x and AGP 3.0. What should I do guys??

Is there any jumber setting i didnt do right? or something else maybe? please help!!!

Hey there, you found the right spot to get help, but first we are going to need some more information from you.

Can you please answer these two questions (as a starting point):

1. What make/model is the motherboard
2. Exactly what problems are you having when you try and use your computer?

1. It's a cheapo MoBo = ECS PT800CE-A Version 1.0

2. Well, after installing everything i started the power and no pictures come up from the screen. Now, this mobo has no integrated vga card so i bought maddog Conquerer FX 5200 plus 8x AGP 3.0 / nVidia chipset.

I'm only installing P4 2.4 Ghz new system. My other one fried until recently.

There's gotta be some jumper i need to change or to make it work. Please help. If you need to see the manual, it's available through http://www.ecs.com.tw

I really appreciate it if you can help.

Few more questions:

1. What exactly happens when you push the power button? Details please. What sounds do you hear? What lights are coming on? Fans spinning? Do you hear any hard drive activity?

2. What kind of ram are you using on that motherboard?

everything works, hard drives spinning, AGP fan spinning, CPU fan spinning, well basically everything works except nothing comes up to monitor cause i want to set up the bios to disable some of the features but besides the points.

I used 300W power supply though, let's see what happen if i change it to 400W for now cause that AGP card requires 250W or larger power supply. Anyway, what do you think happen? or something missing I need to do?

When you say there is some noise coming from the hard drive, is there enough noise that you are actually loading into windows? Can you hear it chugging that much? Assuming it is... that limits us down to what the problem could be.

If the other PSU doesn't fix you up, I would try a different monitor next. If a second monitor also does not work, then I would probably send back the card and get another (assuming you are confident that the hard drive is spinning around enough that you think it is loading into windows, as this would mean that your mobo/ram/CPU are fine).

Are you hearing any beeps when you boot up? Are you sure you have the right connector for the monitor and it is plugged into the right sockets?

Thank you guys for all your help. It's very simple problem actually, I didnt read carefully on the power supply requirement. The MoBo requires minimum 350W power what i have is 300 only so i went ahead get 400w powersupply and the thing is installed and working just nicely.

That's what happen if you want to rush on things get done without looking manual 1st.

Once again, this forum is my next stop to ask for questions on technical PC issues. Thanks guys, you are awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back