Ahead Of Its Time: Deus Ex's Eerily Current Narrative, 14 Years On

Jos

Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/article/864-how-deus-ex-predicted-the-future/]https://www.techspot.com/article/864-how-deus-ex-predicted-the-future/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Great article, I think this game should get a remake with a good graphics engine, it deserves it. Amazing stuff from an amazing game...

Even after about 4 years this game had aged to a point where, when I heard about it, I could not play it. It looked awful, it felt awful to play. Just no. But I do put that down to how fast things have changed.

It does need a Face lift.

I recently went back and played through DX.

Gameplay was as good as ever. Surprised to see that it supported modern resolutions and aspect ratios without any add-ons or mods. Graphics are dated, but didn't detract from the gameplay one bit.

I still have my CD sleeve with so many passwords and scribbles that it's illegible to me :)

Even after about 4 years this game had aged to a point where, when I heard about it, I could not play it. It looked awful, it felt awful to play. Just no. But I do put that down to how fast things have changed.

It does need a Face lift.
The gameplay, length, and other various other aspects make it perfectly playable. It's like saying you won't play Metal Gear Solid because it's polygon count is millions and billions fewer compared to today's games, or it forces you in a top-down view. Basically, you're robbing yourself of an experience that, chances are good, you'll enjoy (especially for how cheap it is now too).

Out of curiosity, what about it felt awful to play? The lack of an upgrade sorts of system that all of today's games have?

Very bad article. Deus Ex was created because SYNDICATE was so dam slow in create their own software title for the PC and everyone loved the idea of cyborg humans going about brainwashing everyone to their side.

Because of this article I will go now and play the original Syndicate game even though it is very old.

Good article , though it must be said science fiction authors has been writing about all this for a long time. Dues ex did it very well though. I played the game for an hour and thought "yuck , this is like a bad FPS" but my brother made me play it for a bit longer telling me how great it was , he was right , definitely one of my favourite games.

Back