TechSpot

Airport card?

By whtddusy516
Aug 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've just acquired what I belive is a "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4(AGP)

it has a 400mhz processor, 512mb RAM, an ATI AGP 2x card (not sure what kind, possibly a 9xxx series?), DVD/CD and a 30gb Maxtor HD

right next to my graphics card is a square chip that is raised from the board, and if i remember correctly (this was my grandparents old computer) they had wireless, so im guessing this is the airport card.

Only problem is when i installed the OS (OS X 10.2.4) it said i only had modem/ethernet and no airport.

Do i need to update the OS for it to recognize it?

Note:I was given this computer because the 3.6v Lithium battery died inside, and i think they said that because of that the airport card didnt work properly, so right now i have no battery at the moment.

Thanks,
    AJ
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Info page about Sawtooth

Have you tried replacing the battery? I have a feeling the Airport problems are caused by it.
  3. whtddusy516

whtddusy516 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 201

yea thats what im thinking, but im having troubles getting over to a store since i cant drive lol
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.