Alarm --NEENER alarm where is it coming form???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to play Call of Duty (which i've done many times) but this time i started getting an alarm which sound like German police car-- is this a firewall alarm and someone is trying to break into my computer. Once I leave the game the alarm stops after about 30 seconds. In my firewall settings i have an exseption for CoD Which should allow Packets to pass. Now I'm only guessing about the Firewall being the cause. It could be little green men blowing trumphets in my machine as well.

Try going to a different save point and see if it does the same thing, it could be a game problem that has cropped up, or if you are playing online try single player. I can't remember the in game audio settings, but try a lower audio setting and see if that works, if you have EAX turned on, turn it off.

I've had games freeze and have an audio loop that never stops until you exit the game, and it would continue until the game was totally unloaded for maybe 30 seconds, but never heard anything like a siren. Usually when this has happened to me, going back to the last save point and replaying the level fixed it.

I don't know if any of this helps, but that's all I can think of.

i Just went to another online game UT2004 and after about 1 min the same alarm started it is come off the internal speaker. All other sound in game play are acting normal and game play is not restricted. just the NEEEE-NRRRR alarm going off. I quit the game and saw the first reply to my post and the alarm stoped about 20 sec. after getting out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back