Alienware has no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

Hi, I got this issue relating on my Laptop Soundcard which I cannot resolve. At that time my laptop is working perfectly but then my sound card just disappear after 3 days not working with the box. I then reformat the box hoping to have my sound back, guess what it doesn't work. I have all the correct drivers and I'm 100% sure did not add any hardwares during that time, no dropping, no viruses (I assume, updated free AVG) if I must say there's no issues at all. Then I took it to the local technician, they didn't have a clue either, they recommend a hardware repairing (no guarantee) but I refuse.

I took it back home and turn on the laptop to see there a new hardware found, I put my drivers CD and install it right away so there I was got my sound to working again. Until I was out of town for a few days and left my laptop untouch and now here it is again, turn on the laptop and sound gone again. It is truly weird and annoyance and my question is: is this hardware issue? or software? and how am I about to solve this if the technician can't help me... I'm just wondering has anyone ever encounter this issue before? please guide me

Alienware
m5500i-R3
Intel Core2Duo T7400
1GB
GForce Go 7600 256MB
Intel High Definition Sound

usually can be driver error. do UNINSTALL and restart before install again.
just a reminder: my laptop have no sound when it's in the max volume;
it also have no sound after standby / hibernate (if use other driver)

well, for me, most of the case, hardware error are rare. if it do, you might ask for warranty.

have you try connecting a speaker to it?

The other possibility is u could have not installed a chipset drivers, sometime on some machines like Dell, if u don't install Chipset drivers (NORTH & SOUTH Bridge) things might misbehave, so please make sure u have all drivers installed, remember that the chipset drivers come first, because they open up all the logical gates.
Wish u luck

Robin

I have installed all drivers including chipset as well, though I did not use the original VGA driver from the CD (it only support win vista) so I used the modified VGA from laptopvideo2go.com, could it be it?

i believe there's no connectivity between VGA and audio... unless the program name is the same.... you havn't answer my question.. have you try connecting a speaker or a microphone to it? For the mic you can try record and see whether got any sound recorded...

of course it could be something really stupid and simple like having the volume off.....

nismo91: Yes I tried connect both speaker and microphone to it but surely it didn't work, I know it sound so weird but it does give me a lot of headache...

Tedster: I have check already there is no mute, volume off... I'm not sure why this is happening, this really drive me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back