Alienware Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

A friend of mine was contemplatig the purchase if an Alienware PC. I decided to do a little research about there prices and this is my outcome. Just thought I would share it with you.

All prices are in AUD. Maybe its not so bad in the US I dont know.

[CENTER]Alienware vs PCManiacs[/CENTER]

Below is the default configuration of the Alienware Area-51® 7500
alien.jpg

Below is the keyboard you get with the Alienware PC as you can see it is a generic keyboard, thus we can assume so is the mouse.
alienkb.jpg

Below is the same thing from PCManiacs
maniacs.jpg

PRICING:
Alienware:
Sub Total $2,871.00
Freight $149.00
GST $274.55
Total $3,020.00

PC Maniacs
Sub-Total: $1,527.00
Courier (Star Track Express - Deliver To Postcode: XXXX): $92.00
Total: $1,619.00

Are you REALLY certain that Alienware is the best choice for your needs? Lately, we find them to be considerable trouble, both in early failures, and in difficulties getting parts and tech support. Perhaps tech support is better in Australia?
Shipping is high for what you report.

Raybay, he never said Alienware was for his needs. He said a freind of his (and mine) was thinking about getting one. He doesn't know light from dark. This is just a showcase of how much they can get away with charging and how much cheaper you can get if you build youself. It's BS, they are just basically charging a $1300 serivce fee.

Sorry Raybay we are not picking on you. But I think you have mis-interperated what my intentions were. I never Intend to purchase anything from Alienware.

A friend of mine and jtickner1's was being really stupid and considering it. I just did this research to prove to him how much of a rip off it was.

If a person has that kind of money, paying an experienced computer tech to build a custom system would be the thing to do...

Yeah well I told my friend in question who was contemplating the Alienware purchase, that I would help him build a computer. And from that site PC Maniacs for $3000 you can get a quad core, 4gb of ram 8800gt's for SLI, you get the point a very nice machine. But Alienware, hmmm no value for money there.

I just built 2 Quad core, 2GB DDR2, 3-320GB SATA hard drives systems for $1000 each including 24" SyncMaster 245BW monitors

"High End Internet Machines" Never heard of such a thing before. I hope the bottle neck then is the GPU and not your internet connection :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back