TechSpot

Alienware revamps the Area 51 gaming desktop with unique triangle case

By Scorpus
Oct 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. If you're after a top-of-the-line gaming desktop with powerful internals, Alienware's latest Area 51 might be for you. The pre-built system from the company features a unique triangle design that's easy to customize as well as being visually impressive, placing the...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

Nice, if wasting money is your thing.

thelatestmodel and Bob24135 like this.
  3. emmzo

emmzo TS Booster Posts: 113   +15

I`ve been dreaming for egg-like cases or in any way circular shaped for better cooling and this design looks like a step forward. Too bad it`s not sold separately and too bad case manufactures in general are stuck in the 80`s.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,560   +862

Who configures these things? why are you starting so a powerful processor with such an anemic graphics card? especially in a build of that price...

5. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 658   +174

Circular shaped for better cooling?! What does the shape of the case have to do with cooling?

Stuck in the 80's.... WHAT?! Maybe you need to go look up some of the cases available because heck they certainly don't just come in square white boxes anymore. If you want cooing get one of those inwin frames or something.

Or if actually are serious about cooling at a water cooling kit.

6. A GTX 980 is hardly anaemic.

7. RebelFlag

RebelFlag TS Addict Posts: 135   +67

If you notice he said "starting with." He was referring to the R9 270 card.

8. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,653   +523

I don't see how an egg shaped case can in anyway have better cooling potential then say a HAF. The form factor is exactly that, a from factor, this has to remain that way or the PC industry would be completely inconsistent. Besides, most components in a PC are brick shaped, square, rectangles. Even if the case was an egg on the outside, a square chassis would be required internally, thus being less space efficient.

[​IMG]
    Come to think of it, it does look very similar to modern PCs

[​IMG]
    I see so many similarities...

9. emmzo

emmzo TS Booster Posts: 113   +15

Well, thanks for clearing that out. Maybe I`ve seen too many sci-fis.