1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 are these things faulty?

By pcrepairs247 · 6 replies
Oct 1, 2008
  1. Hi guys

I've been building SLI rigs usign this motherboard all year, using same memory and cpu configuration (phenom 9550) The last 6 out 10 motherboards I have ordered in (different suppliers) the computer will not boot.

I have changed ever single component on the pc, inc the PSU. The fans spin and thats it. The motherboards I did manage to get working where not straight forward I would have to mess around with the memory settings in bios for it to recognise all 6 or 8gb ram. Then all of a sudden it would jsut work with restored defaults.

I am a system builder and have 3 unit to go out to customers and time is ticking lol.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with these boards. I have never had problems with them until Asrock stopped makign them anymore.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,246   +235

"I have never had problems with them until Asrock stopped making them anymore"...

It is time to use another brand motherboard...

3. pcrepairs247

pcrepairs247 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

they are £35+vat at the moment, the next asrock SLI board up is £69+vat, I sell around 10 SLI systems a week. I am not prepared to loose that amount of money.

4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

then keep working with a not so good mobo.

5. pcrepairs247

the motherboard has been great for a year, they ahve only went bad since the stopped producing them

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

well then look at what u said, they are not the same mobo if some one else is producing it, so the quality does not have to be there.

7. pcrepairs247

mate go away with your no good responses

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.