All 3 hard drives dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, as some of you probably know, my primary hard drive died. For about a week before it finally kicked the bucket, I heard a clicking noise coming from it. Another weird symptom was that there was nothing but temporary folders (about 15 of them) in the WINDOWS folder during this time. Anyway, the drive died. I bought a new one online and I'm waiting for it to come. But, there may be an uh-oh. I started up the computer just to see if by luck it would work. I looked in the BIOS and uh-oh! None of the drives were detected. In the beginning of bootup, the names/models of all the drives show up, but the BIOS (in which you create RAID arrays) does not detect any of them. Are they all broken? I dont know how this is possible. I wasnt using RAID at all the whole time I had them set up, so maybe this had something to do with the RAID BIOS not detecting them. Also, I downloaded some sort of HDD health thing before the drive died. The one that eventually failed was the only one it detected any problems with. From time to time the, I beleive it was, "Attribute Seek Rate" or something like that would change from 100 to 200 and vice versa.

Another odd problem -- right around the time the drive started the odd clicking, the 4 indicator lights on my MB were always lit. This normally indicates that the computer is booting, but it would do it all the time. Any ideas?

the likelyhood of multiple drives failing is a pretty long shot. your motherboard could be shot, but you won't know for sure until you get that replacement drive. you could also be looking at a random glitch, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back