All certs are microsoft based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like all these so called vendor neutral certs are actually windows certifications.
A , N , security , even CEH etc..... 90% of their materials are all microsoft based you study a little about unix/linux. apple mac doesnt even exist.
anyone wanna comment on this? Is there something i dont know.

The A+ and Net+ exams i took had very little microsoft stuff in them.. yes some questions were based in the windows realm but most of your big businesses use MS Windows in some form or fashion. because the typical person is not willing to learn how to operate a new breed of o/s

Every heard of the Linux + exam???? you just touched on the 2 basic certs that lead to the others... in generaly A+ and Net+ are a joke. as are any non hands on certification programs out there, unfortunately companies are requiring it more and more which is flooding the IT industry with "paper certs" people that have read the book or downloaded a braindump and passed the test. we need more hands on certification programs instead of the "paper" tests.... but thats just my .02 cents

A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+ are all CompTIA certifications, they are a neutral third party certification company. However your study materials may be vendor biased as CompTIA doesn't make all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back