All Desktop Icons are Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirob

Hi people,
I wanted to cheak out my new Radeon 9200 I bought for a system the just died, so I uninstalled the drivers for my 9600se and put it in. It worked quite well as I used it on a few games for a few days.

I then uninstalled the drivers for it and put the 9600se back in, installed cat 5.6, and after restart is was fine for a minute and then the video went awefull bad. I manage to restart useing the keyboard into safe mode and tryed to unistall everything ATi, than I restarted and uninstaled everything that in safe mode I couldn't. Rebooted and reinstalled cat 5.6.

Now my desktop is empty--no icons. I can explore to it and they are there. What?

Anyone have a clue what went wrong or how to fix it? I don't realy want to do a complete reinstall of Xp if I don't have too. I already did a repair install that did not help.

Mike.

If you drag a new shortcut to your desktop, does it disappear?

Check that you dont have the icons hidden.
Right click your desktop -> Select "Arrange Icons By"
Verify that the option to "Show Desktop Icons" is checked.

Yes--I't there realy, I mean I can explore to it. Can't see it. It dissapeirs on the desktop, kinda like a black hole. Draged three My Computers there and see zero. At least I have the taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back