TechSpot

All IDE drives not showing up in BIOS

By charlieanddawn
Jul 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I put a new case on my Gigabyte GA-PIPE100 last night. Now it does not see any disk drives or hard drives. Ive checked cables,master ,slave wether it was comming from IDE 1 OR 2. ANY SUGGESTIONS
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

reseat cables. check orientation. check dip switches. Replace cmos battery is old.
  3. charlieanddawn

charlieanddawn TS Rookie Topic Starter

Done but no luck

Done but no luck
  4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

worth a check for shorts underneath the board such as support studs that are in the wrong place?
    Have you damaged the board in switching cases?
    new case PSU OK - output to the drives showing on a voltmeter?
    try unplugging all the drives except the boot HDD - does it see that?
  5. charlieanddawn

done most of that

I am looking for shorts and hope I did not damage the MOBO. My feeling is that it is the MOBo
  6. charlieanddawn

All is well after dioing everything else. I took out the MOBO and reinstalled it starting it up after started it up each time I replaced a screw on the posts. I knew I was on the right track when it started up when I turned it on with no mounting screws. All was well until I tightened the last screw (closest to the power supply) You should know the answer by now. I left out one mounting screw and it runs fine.
  7. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Ingenious ! Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.