All-in-one scanner lamp shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I'm new here, hope I'm posting in the right forum. I have a HP5610v which is 55 days out of warranty. Didn't even take it out of the box after buying it for about 3 or 4 months (moved from CT to FL during that time). So this is really a NEW multi-function unit. After three days of trying every possible solution, I have concluded that I have a burned out scanner lamp.
Has anyone here ever replaced one of these themselves? I have seen a couple of other types of units that people have done that. I have also read, during my research, that HP is notoroius for having one thing die on many of their items - one month after the warranty expires. I'm steaming!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted your other thread on this subject. Rather than starting a new thread, you could`ve simply bumped this one. However since I`ve just replied, consider it bumped lol.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Edit: It might be a good idea to contact your scanner manufacturers. They may be able to help with instructions etc.

United States - English

» Contact HP Search: Product (optional): (e.g. Deskjet 990cse)

Question or keywords:

HP Customer Care All of HP United States

HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Error Message Is Displayed on the HP All-in-One Product Front Panel

Printable version

» HP Customer Care

» Register your product
» Get e-mail notifications: driver updates & more
» Contact HP

Recently Browsed Products » HP Officejet 5510v All-in-One
» HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One
» HP Officejet 5610v All-in-One

Learn more » Home & Home Office
» Online classes
» Learn and use
» Activity Center

Help us help you
This document:
» Was helpful
» Was not helpful
» Does not apply

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. This will help us to provide a better Hewlett-Packard web experience in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. This will help us to provide a better Hewlett-Packard web experience in the future.

Provide feedback
How can we improve this document to meet your needs?

Though a personal response will not be provided, we value your comments. HP is continually striving to improve the usefulness of the information provided on the site.

'Warming up' or 'Scanner failure' messages
Noisy scanner

Introduction
Sometimes, the HP All-in-One product shows one of the following error messages on the front panel display:
Warming up
Scanner failure, power off and on
There are two main reasons for these failures:
The scanner bulb temperature is too low.
There is some internal or external electrical malfunction.
This document provides some instructions to resolve this issue.
NOTE: Before doing any troubleshooting, try making a test copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy (black or color) button. If this copy is successful the scanner mechanism is functioning correctly.Follow the troubleshooting steps below only if an error message appears when trying to make this copy.

'Warming up' or 'Scanner failure' messages
This error usually occurs when trying to scan or make copies. The scanner bulb is not hot enough or the electrical conditions are not suitable for the HP All-In-One product.
Follow the instructions listed below to resolve this failure.
NOTE: Make a test copy of any document once each step is completed.
If this copy is successful, the scanner mechanism is functioning correctly.
If the error appears again, skip to the following step.

The scanner lamp lighting should be viewable under the scanner glass right or left corner.

1 - Scanner lamp lighting
2 - Scanner glass
NOTE: The lamp will turn off when the unit enters the Save Energy mode. The unit will return to the Normal mode as soon as any key or button is pressed and the lamp will light again.

If the scanner bulb does not light up, the HP All-In-One product may be defective.
Make sure that the room temperature is suitable for the HP All-in-One product.
NOTE: The correct environment conditions for the HP All-in-One product are listed in the User Guide provided with the unit.

Perform a Power Cycle on the unit by following the steps below:
Turn the unit off.
Unplug the power cord from the unit.
Wait 30 seconds, and then re-connect the power cord to the unit.
Turn the unit on.
NOTE: Sometimes, unplugging the unit and plugging it back in will solve the issue. Be sure to plug it into a grounded outlet, using the power cord provided with the unit.

Check the power connections:
Make sure that the unit is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to a power strip.
NOTE: If the unit works properly when plugged directly into a wall outlet while disconnected from any power strips or surge suppressors, the power strip or surge suppressor may not be allowing enough voltage.

Try a different wall socket.
Every PC provides a standard power cord; it is possible to use it to check whether the electrical failure is prompted by the cord or not.
If the Warming up or Scanner failure error messages persist, please move the unit to a different room or building to verify that the building (or room) is grounded properly.
If your HP All-in-One product uses a external power module, check the power module part number against the part number listed in the User Guide to ensure the proper power module is being used.
If both part numbers do not match and your product is still under warranty, please click the Contact HP link at the top of the page.
If your product is out of warranty, please click the How to Buy link at the top of the page.

Perform a Partial Reset by following the steps below:
Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One product.
Press and hold the appropriate button combination for your HP All-in-One product. The appropriate combination for your model can be consulted in the HP All-in-One Products - Performing a Partial Reset of the All-in-One document.
While still holding the buttons down, plug the power cord back in. Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One unit displays the Partial Reset message.
Make a test copy of any document.
If the error appears again, click the Contact HP link placed at the top of the page for additional support.
Noisy scanner
This failure can occur when the HP All-in-One product is initializing.
Every time the unit is turned on, the scanner carriage should move. Sometimes, when the scanner carriage returns to its home position, the carriage could crash and make a loud noise.
Within a few seconds, the unit gets blocked, and the front panel display shows a Scanner failure message.
Scanner noise could also be caused by the scanner sensor inside the HP All-in-One product being damaged or not properly in place.
To solve this failure, follow the steps below:
Perform a Power Cycle on the unit by following the steps below:
Turn the unit off.
Unplug the power cord from the unit.
Wait 30 seconds, and then re-connect the power cord to the unit.
Turn the unit on.
NOTE: Sometimes, unplugging the unit and plugging it back in will solve the issue. Be sure to plug it into a grounded outlet using the power cord provided with the unit.

Make a test copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy (black or color) button.
If the failure remains unsolved, skip to the following step.
Perform a Partial Reset on the unit by performing the following steps:
Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One unit.
Press and hold the appropriate button combination for your HP All-In-One product. To know the proper combination for your model, check the HP All-in-One Products - Performing a Partial Reset of the All-in-One document.
While still holding the buttons down, plug the power cord back in. Release the buttons after the HP All-In-One unit displays the Partial Reset message.
Make a test copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy (black or color) button.
If the failure remains unsolved, click the Contact HP link placed at the top of the page for additional support.

Quick find your product

Enter a product number
(e.g. Deskjet 990cse, Pavilion 7955)

» How do I find my product number?

Printable version

Privacy statement Using this site means you agree to its terms Feedback to Webmaster

© 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

Thanks for the education! HP keeps those things a secret....everytime you get to the point where you isolate the issue, the remark is "needs servicing"....duh....lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back