all media prorams crash when i try and play a video

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoesullix

i have a ati radeon 7000 series 64mb gram graphics card

every time i try to watch a video or movie even from a dvd in media player or winamp the whole system locks up and mouse stops working, its this the graphics card or something else?

help!

no as it does it with large media files too
that are not played in the dvd player, the dvd player is fine

Try different ram module(s). Check all your basics, proper seating of your cpu (or reseat it anyway), overheating can cause freezing. Make sure the fan and heatsink are all good. Do you have a borderline psu? Did this just start? Any new software lately?

most probably it has nothing to do with your dvd player or ram or psu,i had the same problem with my nvidia geforce 6200 card untill i got suitable updated driver versions for the card,for example out of total 6/7 drivers of 6200,only driver versions 84.21 and 94.24 can run media files of any type,it appears that your's is a similar problem with your video card's driver,if it's possible,switch to other driver versions and check the results...

bare in mind that this is a 64mb agp 4x card in an agp8x slot

would that make a difference, everything is inserted correctly and it has always happened with this card, i had minor problems like this with the geforce 6200 but that was because it had bad cooling problems

so at the moment am waiting for 6200 to be sent back to me!

I've never posted anything negative before but...what "probably" might not be your pc's problem isn't good enough! You need to check everything. Sometimes computers are not as predictable as some people are. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back