All my games pause with my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all my games lag when im not even connected to the internet i have a radeon 9250 graphics card ive tryed turning down the resalution and colour bit and allso video mode please help me.

jake76 said:
hey all my games lag when im not even connected to the internet i have a radeon 9250 graphics card ive tryed turning down the resalution and colour bit and allso video mode please help me.

Are these newer games or the old ones you have been playing for some time? Also, I agree with Teranius about updating your drivers.

The 9250 is an old card.

jake76 said:
well there pritty new the games but what about my ram do you think it could be my ram i have 512mb of ram

The rule of thumb is if you're a gamer then 2 gigs is what you need. But if you are playing new games with a 9250 then even with the newest driver isn't going to help much. You need to upgrade. I would also venture to guess you'll need to upgrade your CPU.

There are still viable AGP video card options avaliable but you need to find out if your motherboard can handle AGP 4x/8x options.

Hello, jake76, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, I too think the problem lies with your graphics card. The ATI X1950 or nVidia GeForce 7950GT are two of the best AGP cards that you can get so you might like to consider those models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back