TechSpot

All new devices running Android must now display 'powered by Android' branding

By Shawn Knight
Mar 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Android is the operating system of choice for a large portion of the mobile market but the average consumer probably isn't aware of such fact. That's because most mobile manufacturers (HTC for instance) hide Android or any reference to it...

Read more

2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

I'm okay with this.

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This should have been there from the beginning.

veLa and NTAPRO like this.
  4. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

At least it doesn't have to show that gawd-awful green R2D2 with sausage appendages - I hate that pitiful little mascot/ logo.

BlueDrake and hahahanoobs like this.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

So if your dumb enough to not see the android logo anywhere on the OS or the android text when the phone boots up, This is just for those really really beyond stupid people that are partially blind with a slight bit of brain damage.

6. Guest17

Guest17 TS Enthusiast Posts: 92   +37

If the logo said "Powered by Evil," everyone would still get the message.

7. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 865   +434

..for those rare (hopefully) situations where you just HAVE to down-rate a post, I wish Techspot would have a "dislike" button.

wastedkill, did you even read the article? If you had, you may have noticed the second sentence states the following:
    "That’s because most mobile manufacturers (HTC for instance) hide Android or any reference to it under a custom user interface."

Matt12345170 likes this.
  8. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Ye I read it but from all non-google made phones I have always seen the android logo when its booting up and even in the about phone category, I have seen pretty much every android phone out booting up as I have friends who use them and I also gain a lot of cash from rooting them and I have never ever seen a phone boot up without it.

9. Not really in the spirit of open source, is it?

10. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 858   +339

No, and it shouldn't be.

11. Cheeken

Cheeken TS Rookie

Ye I read it but from all non-google made phones I have always seen the android logo when its booting up and even in the about phone category, I have seen pretty much every android phone out booting up as I have friends who use them and I also gain a lot of cash from rooting them and I have never ever seen a phone boot up without it.[/quote]

My LG G2 never has.. So you can't have seen that many.

12. Cyborkid

Cyborkid TS Enthusiast Posts: 29

Having a dislike button thumbs down or whatever would probably begin flame wars, when they see people dislike their thing and other people like and ppl start competition and that lol

13. khha4113

khha4113 TS Rookie

If it were, HTC or Samsung wouldn't have being able to put their Sense or TouchWiz skins in there, would they?