AllofMP3 and Xrost

Xrost

I bought a $10.00 pin card at xrost ,thy gave me a 16 digit number that won`t work a allofmp3!!!!!!! It has been 4 days now working with allofmp3, all I get from them is Form letters that don`t solve a thing. There site requires a 12 digit pin. I have not been able to contact Xrost, no contact email or phone number found yet.

Thanks for the info. I won't use Xrost then. I used AllofMp3 when they took Visa, but they stopped accepting Visa, though, last I checked, Mastercard was still good there. I think they are in the process of folding. I wouldn't send them any money for the time being, though I found a website that defended what AllofMp3 is doing and had a very good legal argument.

well fella you just found some one in the same boat as your good self iv been with allofmp3 for a good year now and had a few problems with payments at first I bought credit via text message and they sent a code then all of a sudden they just stopped using that method so I e-mailed allofmp3 give them my code and all my allofmp3 account details and told them to deactivate the code and put the money on my account and they did so I changed payment methods to xrost about 2 month ago now it looks like the same is happening again I only got my xrost code on the 23/11/06 but I am going to get in touch with allofmp3 after I post this but if you try the same I wouldn't accept a rapid reply they don’t open weekend so u probley wont ear anything till Tuesday

AllOfMp3.com is bound to disappear sooner or later as the RIAA has put way up in its list of things/people/companies to shutdown. You can try better/more legal alternatives such as eMusic (no DRM whatsoever), TuneTribe (some songs DRMed, others not) or iTunes (DRMed).

I don`t know? My balance went up to $10.20. The $10 I put in and .20 for signing up. I haven`t found anything I wanted yet.

Don

I used AllofMP3 extensively for a long time (about 2-3 years), but stopped when I couldn't manage to replenish my account.

From what I can tell, the Xrost "cards" don't work anymore... they took out credit card support for most cards (except Visa the last time I checked), and since I'd rather not use my debit card, I decided to heck with it, I'll get my music elsewhere.

Of course, when I saw this on Slashdot, I knew they're pretty much done.

The thing is, technically it wasn't illegal--at least according to some legal opinions I'd read. There was and presumably still is some kind of legal loophole. Anyway, I guess ethically maybe it was wrong. So, which sites are there out there that let you download songs in MP3 format, and you can do whatever you want with them? Burn them to a cd or whatever?

I know of eMusic but its catalogue isn't very top-40-ish. It mostly has deals with indie labels but that's what I tend to listen to. It's worth a look anyways & every now & then they put up 25 songs for free for new members (that you can keep even if you don't subscribe to the service after the first 25 songs).

The songs are DRM free & encoded in a pretty good quality VBR (variable bit rate) MP3 format.

Although it gets expensive shopping on the iTunes store (99 cents per song, $9.90 for the average album), I'm getting to love it for its selection and the seamless integration with my iPod. Besides, I feel a lot more comfortable that the artists are actually seeing some of the money I'm paying for their music. Granted, I miss paying something like 2 bucks for a full album, but I never knew if AllofMP3's "legal" explanation really panned out.

Nice thing is, if you hate DRM, all you have to do is burn songs to music CD format, rip them back to your computer with a third-party CD ripper, and... poof! No copy protection. Play 'em in whatever player/device you want. When you like the kind of music I do (fairly obscure early-music ensembles, choral music, etc.), selection matters, and so far iTunes has come through for me where most other sites haven't.

(I actually make use of all those music CDs that I wind up with from my DRM-removal technique, but if you don't feel like depleting your CD-R collection, just Google "DRM remover" or something similar and you should wind up with a bunch of software options that will get rid of the iTunes DRM for you. Just be sure to keep your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs active, because, well, you just never know with some of this stuff.)

Well... Instead of buying each song 1 by 1 on the internet why dont you just buy the CD and BAM! You get like 12 songs for $10 instead of paying for crap like Itunes and stuff

I have now dowloaded a song, it worked fine. and will keep a $5-$10 balance there. Another why to get music is to go to your local library and checkout 4-5 CD`s take them home and rip them. Bring them back and get 4-5 more and repeat.

Don

sjm157 said:
Another why to get music is to go to your local library and checkout 4-5 CD`s take them home and rip them. Bring them back and get 4-5 more and repeat.

Hmm... that just sounds like straight piracy to me...

Back