Also crashing in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my story is similar to another post here. Been gaming on this computer for 2 years now, mmorgs, never any real issues, in the past two weeks, my computer just suddenly shuts off while I'm playing. No errors, no bsod, just quietly shuts down. I have to toggle to switch on the power supply to get it to turn back on, sometimes it just wont beep. (post)

I've cleaned the fans, I installed updated video drivers, I ran a virus/malware/grayware scan, shut off all tsr's, I even bought a new power supply today, but it still shuts down. Not while on the net, only during gaming. I even tried a second game to see if it did the same thing, and, yes, sadly it did. So, I'm searching the web for possible solutions. I downloaded and installed speedfan 4.3.1 off this website, and it reports : Found ACPI temperature (72.5C) Not sure what that means. Only thing running right now is IE & msn messenger. Suggestions are most welcome. Thank you. I'm addicted to WoW and I'm having withdrawals... :giddy:

cooper613 said:
Hello, my story is similar to another post here. Been gaming on this computer for 2 years now, mmorgs, never any real issues, in the past two weeks, my computer just suddenly shuts off while I'm playing. No errors, no bsod, just quietly shuts down. I have to toggle to switch on the power supply to get it to turn back on, sometimes it just wont beep. (post)

I've cleaned the fans, I installed updated video drivers, I ran a virus/malware/grayware scan, shut off all tsr's, I even bought a new power supply today, but it still shuts down. Not while on the net, only during gaming. I even tried a second game to see if it did the same thing, and, yes, sadly it did. So, I'm searching the web for possible solutions. I downloaded and installed speedfan 4.3.1 off this website, and it reports : Found ACPI temperature (72.5C) Not sure what that means. Only thing running right now is IE & msn messenger. Suggestions are most welcome. Thank you. I'm addicted to WoW and I'm having withdrawals... :giddy:

Your computer seems to be overheating. 72.5C is very, very hot. When a computer becomes too hot, it shuts down. Welcome to Techspot :wave: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back