Altec lansing atp3 replacement parts...where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyulrich

ok so i have a altec lansing 2.1 computer speaker, and the plug on the subwoofer where the right speaker output is broke on the circuit board. where can i find a new one?? it kind of looks like an s-video plug (roughly). anybody know where i can find a replacement? or does anyone even know what im talking about?

martyulrich,
The pictures are a bit blurry. How are the pins arranged? How many pins? 6? It does look like an S-Video socket. Is the circuit board broken?

Is it a 6-pin mini din plug in the shape of a PS2 mouse connector? Like this:

I'm just talking about the pin configuration, not the mount

It is what they call a mini din female plug. We just need to know how many pins or holes it has. It is also a PC board mount part.

and the broken part is the pins that are connecting to the circuit board, so i was going to get a new one of this plug and solder it in or have it soldered in.

Cool,
you shouldn't have any problems ordering the part. I've worked as a component-level technician for the last 40 years. I started at age 16...

welp im already a year behind you i guess.

so if the part isnt right and i solder it in the circuit board it wont ruin anything will it?

These PCB (Printed Circuit Board) mini din plugs are pretty standard as long as you specify the physical layout and number of pins. If you are familiar with soldering circuit boards, you shouldn't have too much trouble with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back