Alternating DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Minidumps help?

I have an Alienware Laptop M17xR3 and have been having regular BSOD errors. My previous hard drive failed after only 5 months so they sent me a replacement drive I installed myself. I've had so many blue screens until I managed to update the BIOS to a stable(ish) version but I'm still having problems.

After the Irql Not Less Or Equal blue screens, I have to use my windows disk to repair my install to get windows to even boot. I've included the last 5 minidumps I have, I'm having issues understanding them.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    159 KB · Views: 0
Um, that actually doesn't really help me at all. I have windows updates turned off so it only installs when I tell it to and I still get these types of errors that then require me to system restore (also the fact when it does this, windows won't even boot, I have to do start-up recovery).

What operating system are you running? Turn on Windows Update so you can get some hardware updates if they are available for your system. It is never a good idea to turn Windows Updates off. Doing so can open up your computer to all kinds of mayhem just as it is displaying now...

Run this when you can and be prepared to do a fresh install of Windows, not a start up recovery

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Back