Alternative to DVD Shrink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hi guys, I've been backing up all my DVD's because they tend to get scratched a lot by clumsy family members, but my latest dvd's wouldnt backup because "dvd shrink couldnt read from source drive" or something along the lines of that, I'm asuming that it has something to do with copyright protection, now, i was wondering if there is anoher program that will do excactly the same thing, ie: shrink, decode, burn in one easy operation without having to use nero or something (I am aware dvdshrink uses the nero engine for burning). I dont mind spending a few bucks, as long as it is as easy to use and as good as DVD shrink. Backing up of your own movies is 100% legal here in Australia btw in case you have your doubt hehe.

Korrupt

I used DVD-Decrypter and Nero 7 when I still had a burner, but that's not one easy operation.

RipIt4Me
It needs DVD Decrypter to work (but they link to it I think), and it also uses DVDShrink, and FixVTS (comes with it). With that I haven't found a disk I couldn't backup.

Best of all, its Free.

Edit: Updating to say that RipIit4Me has a 1 click option too if you don't like the idea of controlling each step.

Anydvd by slyfox will remove protection, don't know if it works with shrink dvd. it is meant to work with clone dvd

DVD Magic people I know swear by it, I haven't use it as of yet, was a fan of DVD Shrink but all that does is crashes...

Hmm...

I have always used DVDX Copy....Not sure if it is still around though, I have a copy I have been using for years. Its a one click proccess for copies. As for copyright protection its hard to get around now a days. As soon as somone developes a program its soon outdated. Not saying I am a ******, but even on stuff I do own ( I buy a lot of movies from the video store ) it was hard to keep up. Thats why I havnt done many copies in the last year or so.

Also anyone know of any software that lets you copy protected game CD's ?

I have a few games that require the CD to play and of course I want to make a backup of them. But the program I have used in the past ( clone CD) does not work anymore, they even have a selection for protected cd's in the burning options but the burnt CD's do not play.

Any suggestions and I assume backing up the game that I own is legal right ?

You don't copy them you create an ISO image then you burn the ISO to the new media. That's how it's done at work for Ghosting well Ghost image would be GHO. SMS it's a bit different that relies on scripts.. Okay I getting to technical again...

I use Slysoft's "Any DVD" along with DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter. I don't use Nero. You don't need Nero. I create an .ISO image file, then I burn this .ISO file to a blank DVD using DVD Decrypter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back