Am i being spied on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

Hi,

I was sitting at my work computer the other morning and started thinking to myself how I could be being spied on.. or my activities on the computer could be being recorded somewhere.
Now im sure .. like the rest of you we dont work solidly through the day and our net searches may wonder on to cars, housing the news etc.

Anyway i would just like to know if anyone knows away of checking if the computer activities are being recorded?
ive checked startup in msconfig and there seems nothing out of the ordinary there
but is there a more reliable way?

thanks

U can usually tell that by have a port monitor, which will tell u what goes out and what comes in, then filter out that infor for u to understand.About whether its recorded, i don't understand that bit at all.do u mean like u r on the machine where the recording is going on or what.Like a keylogger.(A keylogger is a tool that stealthly records anything in snapshot and text format) is that wat u mean. if yes, the just do use spyware software, it will detect it.
Hope that is yo qn.
Wish u luck
Robin

The Internet is transparent. 99% of the stuff you send and receive over the wire or air is plaintext and readable to anyone who bothers to. At work, everything you do on the network can and, in case of a bigger company, is recorded.

Yes, there could be any number of monitoring applications running on your computer, but most likely they would not be hidden in any way. That is unless you have a really sicko IT department/guy who would go through the process of obscuring administrative software.

oh right fair enough
well our IT guy is ok, we get on well
ill find a port monitor and give that a run
Keyloggers and stuff .. ive used 1 or 2 coz a mate did the same to me :p (only for a laugh tho)
urm we are a fairly small company ..which makes me think that theres prolly nothin to worry about .. im just abit paranoid about stuff like that and if i'm gonna customize my computer at work then i dont want it to be slowed by keyloggers and otehr spyware etc

cheers again guys :D

keyloggers require a program on your system, but a good IP-Sniffer can run
anywhere on the LAN and you'll never find it!

hmmm well im gonna be the stand in IT guy next week apparently so ill have to play with the server and see what we've got running :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back