Am I being treated unfairly?

Maurice

:( I ask this, as twice lately I have had a thread locked, the second only covered two days, & only had six entries.most of which, in my opinion, were valid posts. Of course the site has to have regs, & chancellors have to keep an eye on things, [are there more than one Chancellor, as I only see Didou intervene?] but it seems that things are being tightened a little TOO much, I used to think of TS as beng a place for dealing with serious issues [rightly so] but also having it's light-hearted side.
If it is felt that I am using TS in a flippant manner, it certainly isn't my intention to do so, it's just that I regard this site as a friend, as well as a fount of knowlledge, & I would like to carry on being a member, but it does seem that I'm treading on thin ice at times.

Perhaps, Didou, you might like to refer this to Julio, if so, please go ahead [not being sarcastic:) !]

Maurice

Well, first of all, I have no idea what that "following the chancellor's orders" thread is about, or what kind of orders y'all have been getting - via private messages, presumably - although I haven't read every thread here.

I hope this place still has its light-hearted side. A lot of posts, usually replies from a regular to a regular, have jokes and/or aren't always meant to be taken with utmost seriousness. A lot of posts in this particular forum (The Meeting Spot) are also less "serious" than elsewhere.

I also hope this place stays like this, meaning that members use understandable English, avoid flaming etc.

I haven't noticed thread locking or unfair treatment of any members, but if it happens, you could (or maybe even should) report those situations to moderators. There's that "Report this post" link above "Edit" button.

Personally, Mic, I think this site is going to the dogs, but I hope not, there seems to be just one person who is a complete kill-joy.

I have locked this thread ( Trojan Worm "Dropper Funweb "A" ) because it was being used as a conversation thread. After the issue was presented, it got diagnosed multiple times, solutions were provided & a little chit-chat has been engaged. Nothing really bad but then the thread started getting bloated with more threads talking about general matters then the issue at hand (the trojan).

I have on multiple occasions offered to steer the conversation onto the Meeting Spot, at which point desertrat decided by himself (without a PM from me) to create that thread in the meeting spot. I have, in my last post HERE explained why the thread was being locked.

You are not being treated unfairly Maurice. As a matter of fact, I would've been much colder & locked the trojan thread much sooner if it wasn't for you, as I know you, I know that you're a good chap, not one looking to cause trouble.

Like I said, do not see that thread lock as something much harsher then it is.

PS. I've only locked the Trojan thread. I haven't locked other threads started by Maurice.

Yes I have a noticed the above mentioned threads being locked. Maurice, I hate to say this but I have to agree with Didou's decision. Those chit chats after the solutions were provided should have been kept to a minimum in all forums except for Meeting Spot and also the PM system. I hope you'll understand that having thread locked isnt equal to be treated unfairly.

Hiya Maurice. Well who`s been a naughty boy then? ha ha. Please see the P.M I sent you cheers mate Regards Howard.
gentleman.gif

Originally posted by Maurice
Personally, Mic, I think this site is going to the dogs, but I hope not, there seems to be just one person who is a complete kill-joy.

I am very sorry you feel that way. I work hard to make sure that we get good news coverage, and that the forums tick on by OK. I have not had as much time for the forums recently, but I do believe that the mods are doing a good job.

If you have some specific complaint (could not discern one) then lets address it.

Howard,.... naughty boy?, me? not funny.

Phantasm66, let's forget it, if you don't mind, I'm glad that you, as TS Elite staff member has come forward, busy as you are. No, no specific complaint, it's just that within a very short time, I was [gently, I must admit] deterred from continuing a thread, admittedly the first was getting long & drawn out, but the second was one day old, with only six posts.
Thought it was a little macabre that Didou cose an Avatar with a black cloth on it's head, in his last post, does he think that's funny?, my sense of humour must me failing me, was he justified in doing that, what do you think?, is he not just a little OTT, I'm not the only one with that opinion, as you can see [PM messages, etc.]
With your OK, I'd just like to carry on using this excellent site, keeping my head down in future,

Well, as I said, as far as I'm concerned, matter closed, OK?

Maurice:cool:

How does this:

No, no specific complaint, it's just that within a very short time, I was [gently, I must admit] deterred from continuing a thread, admittedly the first was getting long & drawn out, but the second was one day old, with only six posts.

Explain this:

You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I am just interested, that's all...

Yes, Phantasm, I shoud have been specific, as I was before, if you haven't already guessed, it was aimed at Didou, black cloth indeed!!, still, his position as Chancellor, plus his long service at TS must count for something, I'm only glad that I didn't have someone with his attitude on my staff, when I ran a Company!, just my opinion, obviously he does a good job in other areas, he is very sharp, & will probably go far, he's just not my "cup of tea".:knock:

Subject closed, kaput, finito. [please]:eek:

Hmm, I'm not quite keeping up on the posting on the forums but I would fathom a guess that this is just a slight misunderstanding...

Didou is on the IRC channel allot and I do like his attitude, he is according to me a nice chap...

I hope this issue can be sorted out, if you want you can p.m me Maurice...

Just for the record, I'd have locked those threads if I'd seen them before Didou did. No one is being treated unfairly, any time a thread gets too far off track, we have two options, delete posts and try to steer it back or lock it. Usually locking it is easier and causes less fuss.

OK folks, fair enough, & Didou, it was just that it DID look like a judge donning the black cloth, & seemed such a coincidence, but I accept that it is merely your "quirky" sense of humour, & no malice intended, you seem to swap your Avatars to suit the occasion:D the large orange smiley, for instance.

Maurice::)

Yes, Phantasm, I shoud have been specific, as I was before, if you haven't already guessed, it was aimed at Didou, black cloth indeed!!, still, his position as Chancellor, plus his long service at TS must count for something, I'm only glad that I didn't have someone with his attitude on my staff, when I ran a Company!, just my opinion, obviously he does a good job in other areas, he is very sharp, & will probably go far, he's just not my "cup of tea".:knock:

Subject closed, kaput, finito. [please]:eek:

This STILL does not explain why you feel this place is "going to the dogs". You still did not explain that properly to me.

For what it is worth, I was asked personally by Maurice in a PM, to not answer any more posts of him in future, because I PM'd him that I sided with Didou. (on closing the thread and the reasons for it).

Being the nice guy that I am, I will of course respect his wish.
It's his loss, not mine.

Phantasm, I heartily apologise for that remark, it was said in the heat of the moment, of course TS isn't going down the pan, far from it. I have, I hope, made peace with Didou etc., & wasn't best pleased when other members, [see posts] were geeing me up to "have a go" etc.
Hope this explanation will suffice, it is made with genuine sincerity.
As for realblackstuff, after all our banter, it's a shame that it worked out this way, but so be it, it's probably me, getting old & crotchety, & this long wait for an "op" isn't helping, but again, that's no excuse.

Maurice **Note my new signature, [meant light-heartedly]

Phantasm, I heartily apologise for that remark, it was said in the heat of the moment, of course TS isn't going down the pan, far from it.

Oh well, that's alright then. Glad to hear it!

Back