Am i spending More then i could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elimar

haha sorry title should say Am i spending more then i should be :) dont wanna spend any more lol

Probly see these posts alot but im really curious to see if im getting what i pay for or not enough.

Item Unit Price Total Price

Night Dreamer FX [Socket-AM2]
$1,484.00
$1,484.00

Case ( Raidmax Ninja-918 ATX Mid-tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )
Power Supply ( ** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply )
Processor ( [Socket-AM2] AMD Athlon™64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology )
Free Software/Game ( Free Game - [Hero] )
Free Software/Game ( Free Games - [Age of Empires III] and [Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legend] with purchase of any AMD Athlon-64 X2 or Mobile Turion based system )
Processor Cooling ( CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit )
Motherboard ( Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590-SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 1024MB [512MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( [==New !!!==] 2x NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Physics Processing Unit ( None )
Hard Drive ( 300 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Raid Configuration ( None )
External Raid Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( None )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( [Black] Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speakers + Subwoofer )
Fax Modem ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
2nd Monitor ( None )
Keyboard (
Logitech Deluxe Keyboard Black )
Mouse ( Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Meter Display ( None )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( None )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Professional X64 Edition )
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner ( None )
Case Round Cable ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Printer ( None )
Printer Cable ( None )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Sub Total: $1,484.00
Current Coupon: None or you entered an invalid coupon.
Please select your country: US Canada

Ship To: Est Tax:
$122.43
Shipping Method:
$65.00

(Optional) Coupon Code: Total: USD $1,671.43

not sure what to think considering my budget is tight and need a good gaming computer that will last me.

Asked a friend and he said it was pretty expensive for what i was getting in it.

Thanks For All Assistance

If you can, get regular XP, not XP 64. Also, if you are going to be playing the newest games you will need a minmum of 2GB of ram. Otherwise, not too bad of a price for a gaming rig. You might be able to build it cheaper yourself.

Whats the difference between Windows XP 64 and regular?

ah ya everyone says building it myself but im afraid of having compatability issues and problems i need answered that cant be answered because im not intensely computer literate and if its custume ... its not like i could call up dell and have them come and take a look at my comp or anything. + no warrenty :)

If you build your own computer it is under warranty, each component is warranted Individualy. Most CPU's carry a 3 year warranty. Most RAM has a lifetime warranty. Most Harddrives have 3-5 years of warranty on them. Most motherboards have 1-3 years. Optical drives ususally 1 year . Mostly all componets have atleast a year of warranty each on them. Also Dell systems lack quality and have low grade technical support.

Haha ya i know am on a dell right now because i didnt know now, what i know now adays about computers when he bought this one, to tell him .... if that made any sence :)

My dad is going to help me pay for some of it and he is really anal about technical support.... idk his logic we have had this comp 4 going on 5 years now and nothings ever happened to it knock on wood . . .

Custume building computers scares me though for compatability reasons and trying to find the best pieces for the best price. People have told me about Newegg.com and Ibuypower but if i wanna build a computer would really like to walk in somewhere and have someone walk me through to ask questions.

Anyone Live in the California Mission Viejo Area that knows any good places?

Heard of Fry's and another place but havent checked them out yet.

with this new knowledge that individual pieces have warrenties i might start to consider more on building it myself

1 Last question though
on operating System
Anyone Know the scoop on Windows Vista? That any good?
or should i stick with Windows XP? and ya kinda like 4 questions in 1 haha Whats the difference from Windows XP 64 and Windows XP ... the 64 seems to come with everything the XP has but can run 64bit processes but Nickslick Suggested to stick with XP ... hmm to me sounds like 64 would be better but idk thats why im here in the first place i guess :) loads of questions

Would like to thank you all again for your input, just being loads of help

Vista (official) is not out yet, don't bother worrying about it. Unless you "feel" like installing their final beta pre-release. But this system will be ready for Vista when it comes out anyway.

The "difference" between XP64 and XP32 is that 64 supports 64-bit instructions! Imagine!
The reason you should stick with XP32 is that there is not very good support for 64bit XP right now. Um, lemme restate this. If you get XP64, you REALLY need to be getting ALL 64 drivers along with it. And further you won't get any benefit if you still run 32bit software on top of it all. Optimally, to get the full benefit of 64, you need 64bit hardware, with a 64bit OS, with 64bit drivers and 64bit software. Since that day hasn't really come yet, XP32 is far easier to setup and configure, and less problematic. Hense this is why Microsoft through XP64 out the door just a handfull of months before Vista, and set the price even cheaper then the 32bit version. They just want to get rid of it, and let vendors test with 64bit drivers. Don't be a ginny pig!

As with Vista, use XP64 on it's OWN partition to expirement with if you want, but stick with 32bit XP for your mission critical stuff, games, etc...

Lastly, as for building your own, it isn't as hard as all that. But if you like, just hop on Newegg and try to configure a system with the same parts as the one you have. Then compare prices and warranties etc...

Have fun!

Think ill try that out tomorrow. Get a run down on prices and stuff and ill post Later probly to see if what i find needs any more tweaking before purchase. iv read a bunch of other peeps post about building new computers and i think i have a rough idea of what to really be looking for.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back