TechSpot

AM37 or MS6390 in a Compaq S3000NX...Question about fastest processor.

By votoms888
Nov 30, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Compaq S3000NX
    According to the website it has either an AM37 MB or an MSI MS6390 MB. My question is: What is the fastest Athlon XP processor I can use? MSI website says the fastest supported is 2200+ but the AMD website says their the MS6390 can support 2600+. I can't find any info on the AM37 either. I wanna upgrade the processor in it. If anyone can help it would be great.

Bottom line:
    Can i use an Athlon XP 2600+ in my computer?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

3. duh-huh-wha?

duh-huh-wha? TS Rookie

wahhhhhhh

*edit* i have a AM37L it can take up to amd xp 2600

i have a AM37 in my computer and it has a amd xp 2400+ @ 2.0. which is wierd cuz that site says it only supports up to 2100. i also want to upgrade my processor without getting a new MB. i have a crappy emachine and its to slow for my gameing needs, and i dont have the cash to get a new comp. I wish this MB could take a 2.8 processor but i just dont know if it can. lil help would be nice since all the programs and sites and forums just havent given me a clear layout of what processor my Mb can take.(I have used some software that says the AM37 supported speed are 2.0+ i dont know if this is max or if it can take + speeds)
    after all the stuff i looked through, and installed and researched it seems that it would be easier if i just got a new computer all together (i wish) or to shoot myself in the eye before jumping in a pit of lava
    :( :mad:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.