TechSpot

Amazon acquires Killer Instinct developer Double Helix

By Justin Kahn
Feb 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has acquired game development studio Double Helix, according to news leaked from an invitation to a recruiting event in LA next week. Double Helix is an Irvine, California based game development studio originally founded in 2007 and has since...

Read more

2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Amazon better not mess with them on Killer Instinct or holding back the game in any way. I really like this fighter series and want it back into the full on spotlight.

3. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 330   +93

I hope they decide to bring Killer Instinct to PC. Day 1 purchase here.

4. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Damn, I wonder who could possibly help Microsoft develop Killer Instinct now that Double Helix is gone. Developers are so Rare these days.

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

The way it sounds is Double Helix is still going to be developing and working on the game. Microsoft Game Studios Funded and help them with it but just because Amazon now owns the game does not mean its just going to stop. The game mechanics are really fun and developed well which is funny because its one of the few fighting games I really enjoy playing. I can't wait for March when the character Story lines come out and Fulgore is available.