TechSpot

Amazon halts DVD pre-orders in price war with Warner Bros.

By Shawn Knight
Jun 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In what's become the second major dispute with a supplier in recent weeks, Amazon is now refusing to accept pre-orders for a number of Warner Home Video films including The Lego Movie, 300: Rise of an Empire, Winter's Tale and...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

This caused me check on that Lego movie, since it was so highly rated on MDB, at 8.1, so I downloaded it and started watching...

10 minutes in, my IQ already feels like it dropped 10 points, damn... I'll post if it reverses in any way...

Jad Chaar, cliffordcooley and TomSEA like this.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +862

Thats one of my favorite movies of all time....u have problems. :p

Steve and Misagt like this.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

I saw it in the theaters and afterward wondered what all the buzz was about. I put it in the "marginally entertaining" category.

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I thought it was pretty good - a lot better than I was expecting. My kids forced me to take them to see it and I fully expected to hate life for 90 minutes but it was actually entertaining.

misor likes this.
  6. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

It's the kind of movie where you disengage brain and just enjoy... in a good way, not in a "the only way you'll like this is if you are young or brain damaged" way. :)

Burty117, Jad Chaar and ikesmasher like this.
  7. Misagt

Misagt TS Booster Posts: 100   +43

Personally I found it very enjoyable to watch. I played with a lot of Lego as I kid, the amount of details they got right was awesome for a person like me. Also it's a kids movie at heart the story is from the perspective of a child and it's a very imaginative movie.

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,698   +1,884

I wish Amazon good luck with Warner Brothers. WB won't even allow Redbox to rent their product until 30 days after the retail release of their titles on DVD/ Blu-Ray.

9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I thought it was a fun movie with a lot of jokes that would have gone over the heads of little kids. Everything is awesome.....

10. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,216   +1,240

I enjoyed the movie, very fun for a kids movie :)

11. Why would Amazon want to start making money now?