Amazon hires two high-profile game designers in Kim Swift and Clint Hocking

By Shawn Knight
Apr 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon Game Studios has hired two high-profile game designers in Kim Swift and Clint Hocking, evidence that Amazon is taking its gaming ambitions seriously.

Read more
  2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 825   +212

Whatever got into Amazon's head that made them engage in the gaming scene needs to be extracted painfully with a syringe. People like to play these little fad games on their phones and tablets, if their going to sit down and use a gamepad you think they are going to choose Candy Crush over Titanfall and Gears of War?
  3. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TechSpot Member Posts: 58   +9

There is a really big casual market emerging. I can't believe people spend hours on Facebook games instead of full games but it does work.
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 870   +129

Yeah exactly... it's the entire reason the Wii got so huge. Considering Wii U's poor performance, there is a market there for others to grab.
  5. lmike6453

lmike6453 Newcomer, in training Posts: 98   +6

I have to disagree as I use a MOGA controller all the time paired with games on Android like GTA San Andreas, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Portalize, etc etc

It definitely is product specific, and they need to keep those console ports rolling our way
  6. Naughty Dog has a few ex - employee up for grab...
  7. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,111   +225

So where on earth is this location? "in Kim Swift and Clint Hocking" is it in florida or is it more like florida or???
  8. Holotus

Holotus Newcomer, in training Posts: 55   +6

I think in time Amazon will have a streaming service for high quality AAA games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.