TechSpot

Amazon Prime membership now includes unlimited cloud storage for photos

By Shawn Knight
Nov 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Those looking for yet another reason to sign up for Amazon Prime (or those looking for yet another reason to keep the service following a price hike earlier this year) may be interested to know that membership benefits now include...

Read more

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,698   +1,886

Oh goody! Now I'll be able to throw away all my silly multi-terabyte hard drives, then pay Amazon to keep my photos safe.....!(y)

wastedkill likes this.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Without unlimited storage allowed for everything it seems pointless...

4. Except Microsoft just announced unlimited storage for Office 365 users. That means that unlimited storage from a company that is more experienced costs 6.99-9.99 depending on how many computers you need office on. They also upped the file size restriction to 10GB which means movies go there just fine.

5. This is good news if your already a Prime member

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,554   +2,361

You wouldn't need all those hard drives if you stopped taking 3 gigapixel selfies of your Crank and just used a smartphone like the rest of us everyone else.

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,698   +1,886

What are you trying to say, "you turn all those captaincrankys upside down they ll look alike"? Well maybe so, but I'm shooting for "expression"....!

Or as Henri Cartier Bresson put it, "the decisive moment".:p

Besides, Christmas is coming, and I have to have something to put on the family card.(y)

davislane1 likes this.