Amazon Prime reduced to $72, Golden Globe winner 'Transparent' free to stream - one day only

Shawn Knight

Staff member

deal alert amazon prime sale celebrate golden globe awards amazon deal transparent original content original series golden globe

Amazon recently picked up a pair of Golden Globe awards for its original series Transparent. To celebrate, the e-commerce giant is offering all 10 episodes of the show free of charge for one day only.

The generosity doesn’t end there, however, as Amazon is also slashing the price of its Prime membership by $27 on Saturday. That brings the total cost down to just $72, a subtle nod to the 72th Annual Golden Globe Awards.

The show, normally limited to Amazon Prime members, will be available in its entirety starting at 12:01 AM EST tomorrow, January 24. Those planning a binge-watch session will have until 11:59 PM to digest everything.

deal alert amazon prime sale celebrate golden globe awards amazon deal transparent original content original series golden globe

As per usual, viewers will be able to catch Transparent over a wealth of devices including Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Roku media streamers, smart TVs that support Amazon Instant Video as well as most smartphones, tablets and PCs / Macs.

Given the discounted Prime offer, Amazon is no doubt hoping newcomers will get hooked on the show and buy a Prime membership so they can continue to get their fix. And speaking of, Amazon recently announced the show has been picked up for a second season (no surprise there given the hardware it brought home at the awards ceremony). It’s expected to debut later this year.

If you’ve been waiting for just the right time to purchase an Amazon Prime subscription (and you don't qualify for a student discount), now would be the time to strike. This is the cheapest I can recall seeing the membership offered; it’s even cheaper than before the recent price hike.

Permalink to story.

I wonder if they will be refunding the difference for those whose memberships just renewed for $100.

Honestly, I've been a member for 3 years now, and I've watched a tiny handful of videos. I get it primarily for the 2 day shipping. With everything I buy from there, it pays for itself many times over. Now it's even better. I always say I'm going to watch more but never do.

I just signed up for Prime two days ago at $99. When I called Amazon and asked if I could get the lower rate they said no. The rep suggested I cancel my membership. He was very apologetic and said they were getting a lot of call from members cancellung their Prime memberships.

Amazon Prime, all that is an additional high premium subscription service you either opt-in or opt-out of. Any reduction in the rate you can clearly see they're not going account wide to reduce the rates or give you credit on the difference. If they did that they would so much billions. Unless you as the customer of AP call in and find out your have to cancel your AP then get on the new rate.

Back