TechSpot

Amazon Prime reduced to $72, Golden Globe winner 'Transparent' free to stream - one day only

By Shawn Knight
Jan 23, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon recently picked up a pair of Golden Globe awards for its original series Transparent. To celebrate, the e-commerce giant is offering all 10 episodes of the show free of charge for one day only.

Read more

2. I wonder if they will be refunding the difference for those whose memberships just renewed for $100.

3. SirGCal

SirGCal TS Maniac Posts: 365   +136

Honestly, I've been a member for 3 years now, and I've watched a tiny handful of videos. I get it primarily for the 2 day shipping. With everything I buy from there, it pays for itself many times over. Now it's even better. I always say I'm going to watch more but never do.

4. I just signed up for Prime two days ago at $99. When I called Amazon and asked if I could get the lower rate they said no. The rep suggested I cancel my membership. He was very apologetic and said they were getting a lot of call from members cancellung their Prime memberships.

Santosh Vijayan likes this.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,393   +108

Amazon Prime, all that is an additional high premium subscription service you either opt-in or opt-out of. Any reduction in the rate you can clearly see they're not going account wide to reduce the rates or give you credit on the difference. If they did that they would so much billions. Unless you as the customer of AP call in and find out your have to cancel your AP then get on the new rate.