Amazon reveals its bestselling products of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Amazon has revealed a list of this year's bestselling products. The company's Kindle ebook reader was not only the top-selling electronic device in 2009, but also the most wished for and gifted this holiday season. Similarly, the Asus Eee PC 1005HA netbook climbed above other computers, making it the most purchased, wished for and gifted item in its category.

Nintendo's Wii topped the most purchased and gifted video game list, while New Super Mario Bros was the most wished for item. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 was the most popular software all around, while Twilight was the bestselling DVD, a Star Trek video set was the most wished for, and Up was the most gifted.

The lists are expansive and include virtually every product category on Amazon, from baby to automotive. Did you purchase or otherwise receive any of the mentioned items?

Permalink to story.

Interesting list. I didn't buy any of these items, although Amazon definitely gets a fair share of my business.

Interesting to note that Dan Brown (the guy who wrote "The Da Vinci Code") new book "The Lost Symbol" was the #1 book and #1 book on wishlists. However, user reviews slammed it. It received nearly 1,000 one and two-star votes (five being the highest). Half of the entire voting pool thought the book was crap.

I got a couple of those items :) But nothing in the top 10. Guess i am not quite cool enough yet.

Sounds like Amazon has an agenda with this list. I wonder what kind of "special" algorithm they used to come up with their numbers ;)

I'm guessing those that disagree with what Dan Brown has to say come to the site and give it a 1 or a 2. I found it as readable as DaVinci and much better than Digital Fortress. I give it 3.25 stars, meaning out of 500 books there are only 175 I would rather read first. Much better than a lot of drivel out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back