TechSpot

Amazon's new Kindle Fire HDX tablets receive upgraded hardware all around, remote on-screen tech...

By Julio Franco
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has refreshed its Kindle Fire tablet lineup with two new models sporting upgraded specs, higher resolution displays, slimmer hardware and a "Mayday" button that gets you free tech support 24x7.

Read more

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,599   +110

100% sRGB is interesting. The 8.9 could become a nice tool for photographers.

JC713 likes this.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

I wonder how easy it would be to root one of these with a pure version of Android...

Arris likes this.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

Looks good. I am not really a big fan of that custom Android version though.

5. ::pushes Mayday button::
    "You are 3729573th in line, please hold"
    While it may sound cute, I'm sure they'll regret that feature...

6. Teko03

Teko03 TS Enthusiast Posts: 128   +30

$379 for 2560x1600 resolution, 2.3GHz CPU, 11 hrs battery life and built in LTE/HSPA+

$449 for 1920x1080 resolution, 1.7GHz CPU, 10 hrs battery life and no built in LTE/HSPA+

Microsoft Surface 2, you lose. And this is from a Surface owner. Microsoft is playing catch up and failing to offer anything competitive all while charging a premium fee. You would think Microsoft was new to the consumer world.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.