TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon's new Kindle Fire HDX tablets receive upgraded hardware all around, remote on-screen tech...

By Julio Franco ยท 5 replies
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has refreshed its Kindle Fire tablet lineup with two new models sporting upgraded specs, higher resolution displays, slimmer hardware and a "Mayday" button that gets you free tech support 24x7.

Read more

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,640   +323

100% sRGB is interesting. The 8.9 could become a nice tool for photographers.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,942   +708

I wonder how easy it would be to root one of these with a pure version of Android...

Arris likes this.
  4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,488   +967

Looks good. I am not really a big fan of that custom Android version though.

5. ::pushes Mayday button::
    "You are 3729573th in line, please hold"
    While it may sound cute, I'm sure they'll regret that feature...

6. Teko03

Teko03 TS Maniac Posts: 340   +133

$379 for 2560x1600 resolution, 2.3GHz CPU, 11 hrs battery life and built in LTE/HSPA+

$449 for 1920x1080 resolution, 1.7GHz CPU, 10 hrs battery life and no built in LTE/HSPA+

Microsoft Surface 2, you lose. And this is from a Surface owner. Microsoft is playing catch up and failing to offer anything competitive all while charging a premium fee. You would think Microsoft was new to the consumer world.