AMD 1090T 1 core not working

I've been dealing with this for a while now. Basically, when core #3 is turned on, my computer will run for a bit, then blue screen randomly. Usually pretty quick. I have been through many reinstalls, definitely not software. Tried cleaning, re-applying thermal paste. This is a 3 year old processor, and this has been going on for about 1 1/2 years. The only fix I have is in the bios, to turn the processor off. My mobo is the Asus m4a87td-usb 3, evga gtx 570 superclocked and so on. I've also noticed, I have never been able to overclock my processor or my graphics card even little without blue screening, if that helps. Even with the auto-tune. I have a case with plenty of large fans and air flow.

Oh gosh.... I don't remember the brand. But it's an 1100w psu.
Well that scratches my idea off the list...

So if you enable that core, the computer will not run? Well you could just have a bad chip honestly...

What I would do, is check what the stock voltage is for the 1090T, then turn the core back on in the bios, and bump the voltage up a notch or 2 above the stock while keeping the frequency the same and see if that fixes it.

My computer runs. But get into a game, and after a little time it blue screens. Sometimes just while using firefox, blue screens. I updated the BIOS, and tried overclocking some, did the auto overclock in the bios, and got some weird behavior during post, and took some tweaking and resetting to get it to beable to boot. Used AMD's Overdrive utility in the software, boots to me, starts logging in, and instant blue screen.

My computer runs. But get into a game, and after a little time it blue screens. Sometimes just while using firefox, blue screens. I updated the BIOS, and tried overclocking some, did the auto overclock in the bios, and got some weird behavior during post, and took some tweaking and resetting to get it to beable to boot. Used AMD's Overdrive utility in the software, boots to me, starts logging in, and instant blue screen.

Try manually just bumping the voltage and nothing more.

Back