AMD 2400XP running faster than it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salviablue

I have an AMD Athlon 2400 XP thoroughbred running in an Soltek 75KAV. Now the thing is, is that every where i see 2400xp`s being clocked at around 1.4 -1.6 GHz and it take more like a 3000+ to clock at 2GHz+. So why does mine seem to clock at 2.1 GHz running around 45C with average standard cooling (thermaltake 735 polo)? This speed is according to several different sys analysis progs inc. redstorm included with the bios. I am just extremely curious as my system doesnt seem to do too well in benchmark tests (768MB SDRAM) yet seems to have greater than average speed?

AMD 2400 XP @2.1GHz. Is that normal?

OK. I am begging to realise that i need to start upgrading to DDR (but i`ve so much spare SDRAM lying about + its cheaper!) to uprate benchmark scores! I`ll have to start removing the cobwebs from my wallet!
However, is it normal for an Athlon 2400 XP to be clocking at 2.1GHz? everywhere i read it takes atleast a 2800 to get those speeds, or is there something im missing (more than likely!).

What do you mean it's clocking at 2.1GHz ? What application are you using to determine that ? Download CPU-z & see what it finds on your CPU. For info, a 2400+ AthlonXP should run at 2.0GHz (15x133).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back