AMD 2600 Barton temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget123

Hi,

We are into spring and using no AC. As I just bought this system in Feb, the temps on the CPU were about 105F. Now as you can see they are up to around 122F. I can only assume that in Feb & Mar, the house temps were cooler even with the heat recycling (the floor vent is 6" away from the bottom case intake fans. I tried turning on the AC, but didn't see that much of a change. I can't figure out why the temp increase. I just blew out dust yesterday (I didn't swab the headsink fins).

Should I be concerned? Is there anything I need to check?

Per Asus Probe:

CPU temp 50C/122F OK
MB temp 28C/82F OK
CPU Fan 3214 OK
Power Fan 2020 OK
Chassis Fan 2360 OK

Those temps are fine & if you had taken the time to do a little search, you would notice that people with similar specs get the same temps more or less.

As long as you keep it under 70/75C, you should be fine.

I did see on this site and other sites where there were similar readings with this CPU were well within spec's. What I was trying to figure out is why the 15F increase. I know the room ambient air temp was cooler in Feb and Mar, even with the occasional heater on (vent 6" in front of front intake fans) it was cooler than it is now. As we begin to use the AC, it should go down, but I just wanted to know if there is something I can or should do to lower the present temp.

Thanks

Ambient temperature makes a HUGE difference.

Also, over time, dust can collect on your heatsink and decrease airflow. It may be time to take that dusty thing out and brush it off.

Same thing happend to me. CPU temps started to rise with outside temps. It went down when I started using a/c more.

Depending oh your CPU heatsink/fan you could also be seeing the results of it's fins clogging up with dust and pet hair..

I used to have a thinfinned copper heatsink that would plug up fast. Mu dog napped at my feet next to the intake to the computer. His long shedding fur would collect on the heatsink fins and collect even more dust at an alarming rate. I had to clean it once a month.

im pretty sure the unproportionate temp rise has something to do with air density and humidity, as air density lowers in warmer months, thus the specific heat capacity lowers, on top of the difference in actual difference in ambient temperature.

aah, A Degree Physics finally comes in usefull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back