AMD 3700+ help

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason whenever i press ctrl alt del, it shows my cpu usage always at 100%, it never used to do this before. but it is causing my system to lag a little bit and i dont know why. and i am not running hardly any programs either, and it is idleing at 42C, and the commit chare is 226M, which is higher than it usually is . my specs are amd 3700, bfg 7800gt, 2 gigs kingston ram, biostar tforce4SLI mobo. any help is appreciated

When you go into task manager tell us what programs are taking up a lot of memory, that might help determine a problem, also, it might be a good idea to check for viruses etc. this thread here can help you with that.

I had the same problem a few months back, when i checked the processes, it was explorer that was running at 100% all the time, it really slowed down my pc and the temps were up as well. It turned out to be a trojan, i ran ewido which picked it up and after deleting it i had no more problems with it.

it could be a virus, but i just formatted this hard drive, but it didnt slow down until after i had started installing programs. but the one that uses the most cpu is steam.exe, which is used for playing games and is a very small program.

Steam actually is a gigantic hog of resources for whatever reason when it's having problems connecting or such.

Try turning it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back