AMD 64 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjang

Hi if u guys remember me i was that kid that was getting a new comp in "New Comp List..." forum HERE i actually got a AMD 64 3000 (retail fan/heatsink) 1 gb of 3200 ram The case i got has 6 fans and my comp Under load has 36-38* temps i was just wondering if ne one has overclocked ne of these processors wat software they used or wat i should use and just info thanx again
happy holidays! :D

True... but i just want to get the most out of it. wondering wat i can do with it thats all

Ok you have a very top-end system(minus your video card) Why could you possibly need any more speed? By overclocking you run the risk of damaging that beautiful piece of silicon....

why bother OC'ing an AMD 64 3000?? It already runs twice the speed as most HT P4's,,,it would be overkill in my opinion.

Tried overclocking my AMD 3200 got to 230mhz then tried playing a game started doing all types of wierd stuff not good back to 210 mhz seems to be fine now. dont know if its a good idea though time will tell. (MORE POWER!!!):confused:

You use the BIOS configurations to OC your CPU. If you dont know how, dont. If you really want to learn how, talk to some people, do lots of reading. Your CPU is already top of the line so I wouldnt OC right now, your already getting the most out of everything. Wait until its getting older and you new faster, then OC ;) Just wondering, why do you have such a sh!ty videocard in such a Gr3at computer?

I know have ordered a new vid card from komplett is on back order due next week is a sapphire radeon 9800 atlantis PRO 256mb this should complete my upgrade for a while. rest is AMD 64 3200+ wi asus 8KN pro motherboard 3 x 256 400 ddr ram 1meg broadband connection from nildram really cheap but reliable perfect for my late night after pub game sessions on unreal etc dont you think!:grinthumb

Which Screencard then??

I want you're opinions here since we are talking screencards which do you prefer Ati Radeon X800 Pro<-(Mine :D ) or Nvidia 6800?

jjang said:
Hi if u guys remember me i was that kid that was getting a new comp in "New Comp List..." forum HERE i actually got a AMD 64 3000 (retail fan/heatsink) 1 gb of 3200 ram The case i got has 6 fans and my comp Under load has 36-38* temps i was just wondering if ne one has overclocked ne of these processors wat software they used or wat i should use and just info thanx again
happy holidays! :D

If you go to the AMD website you will find plenty of info on the AMD64

Regards Howard :grinthumb

AMD 64 3000+ Overclocked

I recently bought An AMD 64 3000+ msi K8N-Neo FSR2-2x pc3200 DDR400
On the msi board you can up the memory speed and lower the cpu multiplier,
so far 3.5 Ghz at 235/470 DDR. I am using the stock heatsing and fan on the cpu added 4 fans to the box 2 in 2 out temps stay between 36-52c..And just to let anyone know i have CHEAP ram and can still oc..wounder if better memorey=better clock speeds

in my last post i put 3.5...not right it is 2.35 ghz oced...STABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back