AMD Athlon 3200+ Tempretures

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Hey guys hows it goin ....
i just want to know what the average tempreture of an AMD Athlon 3200+ is when your running your computers...
because i just bought a Thermal take Extreme Volcano and after setting up everything my tempreture only drops down to 59 degrees celsius which i think is pretty high

59c is your IDLE temperature? Yes, that is high. Are you sure you applied the thermal paste correctly? You should only have put a small drop on the CPU, then spread it like thin oil with a credit card or something similar.

Is your Athlon an AthlonXP 3200? If so, another possibility is that you actually have an overclocked AthlonXP 2500. Can you take the CPU out again, take a picture of the serial numbers on the chip and post it here for us?

Hello again..
Yes its an AMD Athlon 3200+ 2210 Mhz (Newcastle)
i used ARCTIC SILVER 5 and a thermaltake Volcano Extreme cooling... i dont know what to do i put a really small amount of thermal compound...

amd athlon 3200+
radeon x800 xl
asus k8n4-e-deluxe
480 w antec truepower II
1024 corsair valueselect rams

check to make sure your voltages arent too high {vcore} id it overclocked?
also ensure that the heatsink is mounted properly and in full contact of the die

If I were you I would try to redo the thermal paste. Those temps are too high. And while you have the heatsink off, take a pic of the CPU serial numbers (like I said above).

There is a good chance you have an overclocked 2500 (a fake 3200).

He said it's a Newcastle based Athlon64, not an AthlonXP. It also runs on a nForce 4 board so I once again doubt it's an AthlonXP.

my athlon 64 4400+ runs at about 36C when idle and then about 50C when playing games. is that normal??

hey guys
thanks alot for the help... i figured that i may need a bios update. After updating my bios now my tempreture is about 35 degrees when idol and about 40 to 43 when on full load...
also someone told me that it takes time for thermal compound to actually start working ...

thanks for the help
harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back