Amd athlon 4200 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic74704.html- previous post

I built this computer about a month ago, and Yet again i put it aside because there was a problem...Everything is in and should be in working order but Nothing shows up on the monitor ive tryed 2 different Videocards (fx5500,7100gs) and neither worked, so then i decided to send back the Motherboard and processor to check for defects and nothing found So im left with this computer that seems to start up fine, no post beeps and nothing showing up on the monitor.Also theres no OS installed on it.

The monitor reads that its connected but nothing shows up at all.

Amd Athlon 4200 Dual Core Processor
Asus M2V motherboard
1gb Wintec PC4200
Chaintech 7100Gs
Sony 18x DVD writer
Western Digital 60gb

this time i tried changing the psu like suggested, though that didn't work, any other suggestions

Troubleshooting issues like you`re having is time consuming and needs to be approached in a methodical manner.

Disconnect all the components that aren`t necessary for the system to boot. Leave just the psu/cpu/1 stick of ram/video card/hard drive. See if the computer will post and let us know. Make sure that the extra four pin power connector is attached near your cpu. Check your mobo manual for details and see marked pic below.

176726.jpg

Regards Howard :)

It does post because when i took out everything, including the ram i got post beeps, and yes that 4 pin is connected

i should have written up a new description, i just copied the old one

In that case, I suggest you try building the computer outside of the case on a piece of cardboard, with the bare minimum of components. See if it works, if it does, start adding one component at a time until it doesn`t work. That`ll be the culprit.

what do u mean? dont connect any drives and try to set it up?

I had previously disconnected everything except the CPU, MOtherboard and the videocard and still nothing worked

Yes, start with just the mobo/cpu/1stick of ram/video card see if you can get it to post. Then, start adding the other components one at a time and testing.

This may seem like a silly question, but does your video card require additional power to be supplied via a special connector? And if your card is PCI have you tried a different slot?

its a Chaintech 7100 gs im almost 100% positive it doesn't require any other power Its not PCI, and i tried a dynex, yes i know it sucks but i also tried it on another computer and it worked fine

I`m afraid I`m out of ideas mate. I`ve never come across a problem like this before.

I have to say, it looks like a faulty mobo/psu/video card, even though that doesn`t seem to fit.

Regards Howard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back